Soup in a Bottle-
Have you seen our gorgeous ' soup in a bottle' products? They look so pretty but most importantly you can make a delish soup/ stew from them.
Ever read the story stone soup? well you cant really make a soup from a stone but we believe the most important ingredient is the common pulse! you can chuck in any old veggie that you have even if it is a sprouting old spud and a bendy carrot, a shooting onion and a wrinkly clove of garlic! #wastenotwantnot so long as you have some gorgeous beans, peas, lentils and a splosh of soy sauce or some homemade stock you can make a yummy hearty soup.
Water Kefir Recipe-
Bowl and sieve for pre-soaking
A soup in a bottle from our shop
a tblsp of oil
Water 2 pints and some extra for topping up
salt and pepper to taste
Some stock/soy sauce
The doing bit-
1. Pour the beans and pulses into a bowl and soak overnight.
* If you bought the red lentil and pearl barley bottle then no need to soak.
2. Chop your veggies into chunky pieces, add the oil to the pan and chuck in the veg, fry for about 5 mins.
3. Pour in 2 pints of water, add the stock and the pulses ( strain them first if they have been soaking overnight) and stir well.
4. Allow to boil for ten mins then reduce the heat put on a lid and cook for a further 30-40 mins adding more water if needed.
5. Season accordingly and serve with chunky bread!
Tip* add a tin of tomatoes and some celery salt or for meat eaters some chunky Chorizo to take it in to a whole new world!